Wednesday, June 8, 2011

The sun sets on Italy

I could go on writing about Italy for a long, long time. A writing adventure like the one Mary and I experienced this month cannot be captured in 350 words a day.

Blogs that didn’t get written could cover topics like ‘Lost in translation – the misadventures of two women who have an almost grasp of Italian’ or ‘The good, the bad and the ugly – how the iPhone saved us and the Internet nearly destroyed us,’ or ‘The writing on the wall – a new look at how graffiti decorates Italian cities.’

But, I’ve ripped off enough movie titles for one month. We arrived back in Iowa last night. Now I’m reading the mail, pulling weeds in the garden, and getting used to the extreme heat and humidity Iowa dishes out so well.

These last three images close out the month in style – Lights reflected in the Arno River in Pisa, a beautiful concerto performed in a church on our last night in Italy, and a sunset over the Tuscan hills after a storm.

Thank you to all of you who read along with me this month. I hope you enjoyed the trip abroad and that you’ll stop back in to Just Walking This Earth from time to time.

Ciao!

1 comment: